Films in February, Movies in March!
The Charles H. MacNider Art Museum’s 2018 Foreign and Independent Film Series, Films in February, Movies in March, is being planned right now. You can help this wonderful program stay free and open to the public by financially supporting it. Each year we show about six foreign and independent films for free (we even provide free popcorn!). Even though we do not charge for viewing the films we still have to pay a licensing fee to show them in public. This is usually about $200-$300 per film.
We have had such generous sponsors in the past and now we would like to make the sponsorship levels available to everyone! If you enjoy Films in February, Movies in March and want to help us keep the series free in the future please consider donating at one of the following levels:
- SPONSOR = $200+
- SUPPORTER = $100-200
- FRIEND = $1-99
Please note that donors at any level will be recognized in Newsletter and our Annual Report. They will also be recognized on our annual donor board in the front lobby of the Museum. Donors at the “Sponsor” level will have the opportunity to have their names listed on our film flyer.
For more information about the film sponsorship levels or to sponsor a film this winter please contact Mara Linskey-Deegan at 641-421-3666 or email@example.com.
ADMISSION TO ALL FILMS IS FREE
Films are shown at the Charles H. MacNider Art Museum’s Salsbury Room on
Saturdays in February and March @ 2 p.m.
Films in February, Movies in March – 2019 Schedule*
- February 2 – The Queen of Katwe – Feature Film, Rated PG, In English
- February 9 – Heaven is a Traffic Jam on the 405 – Documentary, Not Rated, In English
- February 16 – Antonia’s Line – Feature Film, Rated R, In Dutch with English Subtitles
- February 23 – Three Identical Strangers – Documentary, Rated PG-13, In English
- March 2 – The Insult – Feature Film, Rated R, In Arabic with English Subtitles
- March 9 – A Man Called Ove, Feature Film, Rated PG-13, In Swedish with English Subtitles
*Note: All films, times, and dates are subject to change. Please visit this page again before attending a film for the most updated list.
Thank you so much – it is viewer’s support that keeps the Film Series going!
Do you love foreign and independent films?
Would you like to become involved in the Charles H. MacNider Art Museum’s Foreign and Independent Film Series?
Here are several ways that YOU can help:
- Volunteer – All the films in the Foreign and Independent Film Series are chosen by a volunteer film committee. The committee meets periodically to select films, choose showing dates, and fundraise.
- Donate to the Film Fund – It costs over $200 to show each film. This fee covers shipping and copyright costs. A donation, in any amount, will help the Foreign and Independent Film Series stay free and open to the public for years to come.
- Come and Watch the Films!! – The Film Series would not be possible without all our loyal Foreign and Independent Film Series viewers. THANK YOU!
For more information about the Foreign and Independent Film Series please e-mail Mara Linskey-Deegan or call 641-421-3666.
Special thanks to The MacNider Film Committee
(Dean Genth, and Kathy Kinsey, Mary Davenport)
and to our sponsors who make this film series possible.