Due to COVID-19 we have new guidelines for rentals at the MacNider Art Museum. Please click HERE to view the new guidelines.*
Did you know that you, your business or your group
can hold an event at the museum?
The Salsbury Room at MacNider Art Museum has become a very popular spot for
• Family reunions
• Business conferences
• Anniversary parties
• And many other occasions!
*Salsbury Room Seating:
50 – Classroom Setup
100 – Sit Down Meal Setup(Tables & chairs)
170 – Ceremony or Theatre Setup (Only chairs)
Things that make the Salsbury Room at the MacNider Art Museum a popular rental spot:
• It’s in a museum! You rent the room for your event, but your guests are definitely allowed to wander the museum during your event.
• Large windows that let the outside in! Weather in Iowa is definitely unpredictable so this is a good inside space that will let your guests admire our wooded backyard without wind, rain or snow!
• You can hold your event on our front lawn but have a backup location just in case! We do not double book our spaces, if your outdoor wedding gets rained out we will have the Salsbury Room (or another indoor space) available!
• There is a small stage and dance floor perfect for dances, performances, live music, presentations, etc.
• We also have an AV booth in the room that you have access to. Slideshows or movies can be shown on our projector screen – great for a business meeting or a special graduation slideshow!
• Elevator access! The Salsbury Room is on the second floor of the museum but we have an elevator that will take you straight to the room.
• We have tables & chairs available that we will setup and tear down for your event – you just need to bring the decorations & food!
• Bathrooms nearby! We have a small room right off the Salsbury Room that has a bathroom and sitting area perfect a bride getting ready or for supervisors meeting before a conference.
• Kids Classes! Sometimes events can seem very long for kids attending events. We have wonderful art teachers on staff at the museum that can put together a special class for just the kids at your party to help keep everyone entertained and happy. Let us know if you are interested in this while booking your event so we can make sure we have someone available that day! You can also check our schedule to see if we already have a class going on that day right here.
Contact Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 641-421-3666, or send us a message below for more information about renting the Salsbury Room