The next Art Market will be Saturday, June 10, 2017
from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Outdoor Art Market is held on the lawns of the Museum and the adjacent Mason City Public Library at 303 2nd Street SE in Mason City, Iowa during MacNider Arts Festival on Saturday, June 10, 2017 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Artists wishing to apply to the MacNider Arts Festival Outdoor Art Market must submit three color images of their work along with their application. Images should be representative of the work to be exhibited and will serve as the only criteria used. All work must be original and reproductions must be marked. If you are a current MacNider Shop artist, you are automatically accepted for 2017.
A committee of judges will review the submitted images. Please label each image with your name and medium. Your brief description on the application, medium, and dimensions will be available to the jurors. All decisions of the jury panel are final. If work is submitted by email the images must be labeled with your name, medium, and size. Applying artists will be notified of the selection by mail. These notifications will be sent out on April 25. Your entry check will be sent back should you not be accepted.
• All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
• If two artists would like to be together they can purchase two booths and request they be placed next to each other.
• Artists or their representative must be present with the booth for the entire event.
• All work shown must be for sale.
• We reserve the right to ask artists to remove work from their booths that do not meet the Art Market’s criteria or mission.
APPLICATION & FEES
The entry fee of $75 and a jury fee of $15 should be submitted with the application. Applications are due April 1. The entry fee of artists not accepted will be returned with notification. The jury fee is non-refundable. Accepted artists’ fees are non-refundable. This is a rain or shine event.
SPACE & SET-UP
All spaces are approximately 11’x11’ in an open outdoor area. Artists must furnish tables, chairs, tents, and any set items. As this is an outdoor show, please be prepared in the event of inclement weather, including wind. Booth assignments will be made in advance. Artists may set up booths on Friday, June 9 after 3 p.m. (please note: no overnight security provided) Check-in will begin at 7 a.m. at the Art Market booth.
PERKS & HIGHLIGHTS
• Helpful volunteers & booth sitters
• Coffee & donuts will be available at check-in
• One free sack lunch delivered to booth
• Art Bucks – purchase incentives
• Booth Judging prizes: 1st place-$100; 2nd place-$75; 3rd place-$50
If you would like more information about applying to the 2017 Outdoor Art Market please contact Lindsay by calling 641-421-3666 or emailing email@example.com