Each year we receive requests for prom pictures from area students and under normal circumstances we make every effort to accommodate this request. However, due to the current restrictions due to the COVID pandemic we are not able to allow prom photos at the Museum this year. Likewise, due to a prior booked rental of the facility, it is not possible to rent the Salsbury Room for April 24. Hopefully – we will see everyone next year!
The current operating hours are: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Tuesdays – Saturdays and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Thursdays. Masks are required and if you do not have one, staff will provide one for you free of charge. To view the Museum’s one-way traffic route map click here.
To visit the MacNider, please go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/macnider-museum-visit-registration-108489354580 to register for free entry. This will reserve your time slot. If you are not able to register online, please call 641-421-3666 and we will register you. The Museum will currently allows 25 visitors in at a time, allowing the Museum an opportunity to clean in between groups of guests. Due to smaller galleries with limited capacity, this will ensure safe distancing between groups of visitors. Once you arrive at the Museum please ring the doorbell and come inside to the front desk. The person working the front desk will check you in or register you.
The Ceramics Studio has reopened but is by appointment only. Please call 641-421-3666 to register or with questions. The Imagination Playground continues to be closed at this time. If you wish to visit the Museum to discuss rentals, pay your membership, or register for a class, please call 641-421-3666 to make arrangements, or pay over the phone.
The MacNider Art Museum will resume Artful Birthday Parties starting on April 1, 2021! Please see current Artful Birthday Party COVID guidelines below:
- Parties can have a max of 12 crafters (ages 5+) and 4 adults in attendance. Less crafters can be invited in order to have more family attend, but there should still be no more than 16 people total in attendance (not counting the teacher).
- Masks will be worn by everyone over the age of 2. If someone does not have a mask it will be provided at no cost when entering the Museum.
- If there is food or beverages it must be served at the very end of the party. Everyone eating must be seated. This is the only time masks can be removed – while eating and seated.
- To-go goodie bags instead of serving cake/pizza are strongly encouraged.
- At this time there is no option for a larger party. Artful Birthday Parties will be located in Studios A & B in order to socially distance, but pricing remains at $80 ($63 for members).
Everyone entering the museum and attending a class will wear a mask. If you do not have one we will provide one, free of charge. Masks should cover the nose and mouth. In-person classes have a limit of 12 participants, unless stated otherwise. When a class fills we will try to create a second session at a different time or date. Participants will be spaced at least 6 ft. apart in the studios. Supplies will be set out for each person and not shared with others. We encourage all in-person class registrations to be done over the phone by calling 641-421-3666.
Please call 641-421-3666 if you are interested in online or Take & Make classes for your group.
Because it is difficult to have a lot of kids in a class at once, upcoming Kids’ Club events will be held online – with tutorial videos available on Facebook, YouTube, and our website. The Museum will provide 30 Take & Make kits that will be available to pick up in the Museum’s entryway 1 day before the event date. Registration is required and can be done online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/online-kids-club-registration-120537644339 or by calling 641-421-3666.
Please see the below PDF for the details we have shared with the currently booked summer rentals. We will update as we know more.