The MacNider Art Museum is now open to the public without a prior appointment. Guests are still asked to social distance from other groups to whom they have not come with. Wearing a mask is encouraged. We can provide a mask at no charge if you need one. The maximum number of people allowed in the building is 50.
Classes will remain socially distanced at this time, as well as limited in capacity. The Ceramics studio continues to be available by appointment only. Call 641-421-3666 to make schedule an appointment.
The current operating hours are: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Tuesdays – Saturdays and 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Thursdays.
The MacNider Art Museum will resume Artful Birthday Parties starting on April 1, 2021! Please see current Artful Birthday Party COVID guidelines below:
- Parties can have a max of 12 crafters (ages 5+) and 4 adults in attendance. Less crafters can be invited in order to have more family attend, but there should still be no more than 16 people total in attendance (not counting the teacher).
- Masks wearing is recommended for everyone over the age of 2. If someone does not have a mask it will be provided at no cost when entering the Museum.
- If there is food or beverages it must be served at the very end of the party. Everyone eating must be seated. This is the only time masks can be removed – while eating and seated.
- To-go goodie bags instead of serving cake/pizza are strongly encouraged.
- At this time there is no option for a larger party. Artful Birthday Parties will be located in Studios A & B in order to socially distance, but pricing remains at $80 ($63 for members).
Wearing masks is encouraged. If you do not have one we will provide one, free of charge. In-person classes have a limit of 12 participants, unless stated otherwise. When a class fills we will try to create a second session at a different time or date. Participants will be spaced at least 6 ft. apart in the studios. Supplies will be set out for each person and not shared with others. We encourage all in-person class registrations to be done over the phone by calling 641-421-3666.
Please call 641-421-3666 if you are interested in online or Take & Make classes for your group.
Because it is difficult to have a lot of kids in a class at once, upcoming Kids’ Club events will be held online – with tutorial videos available on Facebook, YouTube, and our website. The Museum will provide 30 Take & Make kits that will be available to pick up in the Museum’s entryway 1 day before the event date. Registration is required and can be done online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/online-kids-club-registration-120537644339 or by calling 641-421-3666.
There are no longer COVID rental guidelines for events at the MacNider Art Museum at this time. If there is a rise in cases there is a possibility that the board could choose to put the guidelines back in place.