The MacNider Art Museum is open to the public without a prior appointment. Guests are still asked to social distance from other groups to whom they have not come with. Wearing a mask is encouraged. We can provide a mask at no charge if you need one.
Classes will remain socially distanced at this time, as well as limited in capacity. The Ceramics studio continues to be available by appointment only. Call 641-421-3666 to make schedule an appointment.
Please see current Artful Birthday Party COVID guidelines below:
- Parties can have a max of 12 crafters (ages 5+) and 4 adults in attendance. Less crafters can be invited in order to have more family attend, but there should still be no more than 16 people total in attendance (not counting the teacher).
- Masks wearing is recommended for everyone over the age of 2. If someone does not have a mask it can be provided at no cost when entering the Museum.
- If there is food or beverages it must be served at the very end of the party. Everyone eating must be seated.
- To-go goodie bags instead of serving cake/pizza are strongly encouraged.
- At this time there is no option for a larger party. Artful Birthday Parties will be located in Studios A & B in order to socially distance, but pricing remains at $80 ($63 for members).
Wearing masks is encouraged. If you do not have one we can provide one, free of charge. In-person classes have a limit of 12 participants, unless stated otherwise. When a class fills we will try to create a second session at a different time or date. Participants will be spaced at least 6 ft. apart in the studios. Supplies will be set out for each person and not shared with others.
There are no longer COVID rental guidelines for events at the MacNider Art Museum at this time. If there is a rise in cases there is a possibility that the board could choose to put the guidelines back in place.